nb: This recipe was taken and amended from
1/2 green capsicum
2 tsp oil
1 garlic clove, diced
large handful of spinach, chopped finely
1 cup of corn
1 can of mixed beans, drained
1 packet of taco seasoning (35g)
grated cheese for sprinkling
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1Tbsp of cornflour
salt and pepper (seasoning)
1 tsp garlic powder 1 Tbsp parsley (dried)
4 tortilla wraps, warmed
(1 cup of flour,1/3 cup of milk, 2 Tbsp of oil & flour for rolling).
- (Sauce)In a small saucepan, poor in can of tomatoes and using a stick blender, mulch the tomatoes so it resembles a thick sauce.
- With a whisk, mix in the corn flour, seasoning, parsley and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- (Tortillas) In a medium bowl mix flour, milk and oil together with a bread knife, then using hands knead into a ball and cut into quarters.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough portion on a floured surface getting the tortillas as thin and as circular as possible without ripping it.
- On a medium heat, place each tortilla on a large frying pan (no greasing required), and flip over once bubbles appear. You want them very lightly toasted and still whitish in colour.
- (Bean mix) In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, saute onions with oil, then add rest of bean mix ingredients and heat through.
- Heat up the tomato sauce at a medium heat, til it begins to lightly bubble, stirring occasionally, then turn off heat.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas, wrap & place in a greased rectangular oven dish. Pour over tomato sauce and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.