Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hump Day!


Urban Dictionary  - Hump Day
"The middle of a work week (Wednesday); used in the context of climbing a proverbial hill to get through a tough week."

To help us all get through the week I thought it would be nice to celebrate hump day with a little something every Wednesday to help us smile through the pain that is the grind stone of life with a funny picture/cartoon, video, interesting invention/gadget etc to help us see the good in our week.
 ________________________________________________________________________

Zumba by "Zits".


I celebrate the fact that I get to go to Zumba every Tuesday at my local gym. Zumba in a nutshell is a fitness class aimed mainly at women (and gay Latino men I bet), using music and choreographed dances moves reminicent of a Ricky Martin meets Beyonce music video. So theres lots of remixed Latin, RnB, Soul, Pop, Ethnic music going on with moves that involve a lot of hip thrusting and boob jiggling. 

I realise that I look incredibly silly during these classes and it took me a good solid three weeks to not blush over the (however uncoordinated) sexualised danced moves that I was doing in public, then by the 4th week I noticed I had lost 5 kilo's from doing no diet or gym regimen other than Zumba, so I decided to keep at it.  

Yes I look silly, and yes I bet my husband would laugh til he wet his pants if he saw me, but you know what? Its FUN!! And unlike a Step or Pump or Spinning class that leaves a slightly overweight person like myself comatose for two days afterward, Zumba leaves you pleasantly tired but not horribly depleted and aching, so long as you don't push yourself too much at first.

So if you're having a hard week, go find a gym or community centre and try out a free first time zumba class! Pull down the iron wall you keep up around yourself during the week, and be silly with 10 other women who look just as silly as you do! You'll feel great afterwards. 
Trust me.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.