Glazed Chicken and Peaches
Heres what the recipe looks like. Big giant non bullet point listed paragraph instructions on what to do. I do like however that she has pictures. I could tell just from reading it that it would make a lot of dishes as she recommends setting aside and cooking EVERYTHING separately. Plus her recipes insist of a lot of fresh ingredients which for most of us we're never in the right season for, its too much hassle and too expensive. Pictures aren't toally necessary for me but when Im making a new recipe for the first time it is helpful.
If you hate my way of doing it cheap and want to be a snobby purist and complicate things for yourself try out the actual recipe here
Here's what I did
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breast, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 can of peaches
- Juice of half a lemon OR 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of ground ginger- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chicken stock (dry stuff not the wet stuff)
- 1 courgette/zucchini (this is optional. I just added it it give this dish more colour and veges and its what I had lying around in my fridge).
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp of dried thyme
In a large fry pan, cook onion, oil and courgette on med heat until browned. Set aside.
Puree half the can of peaches in a large'ish pyrex jug or something similar, then combine the puree and the whole peaches in the pan. Add ginger, stock powder, soy sauce and thyme. Mix and heat for 5 mins. Add back to pyrex jug but leave a bit of puree in the pan.
Place the sliced chicken in the pan on the puree mix on a med heat until cooked through and browned slightly. Cut the chicken if you have to check.
Put the heat down to low and return the veges to the pan and pour the peach mix on top of that and stir it in together and heat through gently.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes Mmmmmm!!!